We provide holistic medical care services for students, their families and teaching staff. We provide a safe learning environment and the ability to provide immediate help in the event of a sudden deterioration in the health of our patients. Our care is holistic and provides support in all areas that affect the overall well-being of children and their loved ones.
Providing holistic health services for the American School of Warsaw population:
- Staffing associated with providing minor medical and health related care to a school age and adult population and a full service health room located in the school.
- Serve as triage and referral agent for expanded medical care and services as required.
- Oversee record keeping and management of school-based health records.
- Provide guidance and coordination of health and wellbeing, including general illness diagnosis, individual care plans, emergency care plans, and infectious outbreak management and communication.
- Provide educational and prevention programs including regular health screening as per CDC recommendations.
- Organise vaccinations and other illness mitigation efforts as appropriate
- Provide consulting to ASW leadership and staff on the following components of WSCC model
Specifically, WarsawMED will consult on the following areas in the WSCC model:
- Encourage all students and staff to participate in physical activity, regardless of ability, unless health conditions prevent it.
- Ensure options for children with special dietary needs are available.
- Help manage the nutritional needs of students with chronic health conditions, including food allergies and diabetes, eating disorders inc. bulimia, anorexia etc.
- Help organise external resources to provide students with therapy if needed.
- Make sure that students get a comprehensive health education that includes information on common chronic health conditions.
- Suggested topics:
- Wellbeing including: sleep, nutrition, stress management
- First Aid Training inc. AED use and hands on training for staff and students.
- Sexual and body image awareness sessions
- Awareness and prevention nicotine, alcohol and prohibited substances use.
- Provide webinars/ training for parents/guardians and staff regarding arising medical issues based on current needs. (1 hr webinars up to three per quarter)
- Promote a positive school climate where respect is encouraged and students can seek help from trusted adults.
- Building awareness regarding diversity eg: health problems, sexuality, physical disability.
- Provide a safe physical environment, both outside and inside school buildings, by ensuring proper cleaning, maintenance and ventilation and limiting exposure to chemicals and pollutants.
- Identify students with emotional, behavioral, mental health, or social needs.
- Refer students and families to school- and community-based counselling services.
- Help students with chronic health conditions during life transitions (changes in schools or family structure).
- Create a healthy work environment for staff.
- Encourage school staff to model healthy behaviours.
- Involve local hospitals, university health departments, and other health organisations in school health initiatives.
- Organise access to health services for students with chronic health conditions.
- Give parents/spouses opportunities to learn about chronic health conditions and school health services.
- Encourage families to participate in school-based programmes and activities that promote healthy behaviours.
Jarek is a passionate healthcare professional and leader with experience in managing large organizations around the world as well as a budding entrepreneur.
Jarek began his career as a medical doctor in rural Poland serving underprivileged populations as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist.
A certified nurse with 10 years of experience in personalized patient care. In her work, she focuses on the continuous development of medical staff, motivating and creating environmentally friendly work. Focuses on providing the highest quality of patient care and cooperation with families.
A very positive and charismatic paramedic. She likes working with children. She gained experience in providing first aid to children and, working as a paramedic, learned to work under pressure and make quick decisions.
A certified nurse with 10 years of experience in working in medical facilities. She likes working with children, she is characterized by sensitivity, empathy and high responsibility for the patients she cares for. He has experience in team management.
My name is Aleksandra Zinów, I am 26 years old. I am a paramedic by profession and soon will graduate as a nurse. Alongside, I work in a Primary Care Clinic,where I work with general practitioner and speciality doctors too ie. allergologist, pediatrician and cardiologist. My main duties involve assist doctors, collect blood samples or asses injuries.
I love dogs, especially Golden Retrievers.
My name is Czarek and i’m 28 years old. I’m a paramedic and also studing nursing. I love sport, watersports the most (swimming, windsurfing and sailing) I was a swimming instruction for 8 years.
My experience involves, working in the Family Practice, where I gained a lot of experience looking after children and delivering first aid care. I am confident in assessing wounds and injuries and also assisting doctors in minor procedure.
My name is Łukasz Gąsienica-Kotelnicki. I am 30 years old. I am a paramedic by profession. I run my own medical company, specializing in several forms of medicine.
I also completed my master’s studies at the medical faculty, specializing in emergency medicine and crisis management.
My interests arę automotive, high mountain climbing, ski touring, photography and flying drones.